- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the honey or molasses.
- Begin adding water in small amounts, kneading with your hands until a bread dough consistency (smooth, not sticky-wet) is achieved.
- Kneading should take approximately half an hour.
- Tom usually kneads until the Simpsons is over! Form and smooth the bread into a suitable loaf shape for your bread pan.
- Place the loaf in the pan, cover the pan and let it sit in a warm spot for an hour and a half.
- If you kneaded it for a full half hour it should rise very nicely.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly flour the outside of the loaf once more to make sure it doesn't stick.
- Bake the loaf for 50 minutes.