- In a 10-inch Teflon skillet or pot saute without oil 2 Ibs. DRIED CODFISH cut in 2-inch chunks until slightly brown.
- In a 4-quart saucepan bring to a boil: 1 Ib. tomatoes, cut in small wedges, 1 cup onions, chopped coarsely, 1 small chili pepper, cut in small pieces, 2 cloves garlic, minced finely, 1 pint water, 1 pint coconut milk.
- Add the sauteed codfish (desalted).
- Simmer gently until most of the water is absorbed. Stir carefully to avoid breaking up .
- Add 2 oz. butter and allow it to melt over the DAGAA.