Crockpot Toasted Herbed Rice
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Slow Cooked Sides
- Prep: 7 minutes | Cook: 2 hr
- Makes 6 servings
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1¾ cups uncooked converted long-grained rice (like Uncle Ben's)
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- garnish: fresh basil sprig
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add rice, and saute 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sauteed rice, broth, and next 3 ingredients in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in pine nuts.
- Garnish if desired.