Cream of Wheat with Fruit
In Romanian: Gris cu fructe in forma de sarlota
- 25 oz / 750 g water
- 1 lb / 500 g fruit (sour cherries or raspberries, strawberries, wild strawberries, gooseberries)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 oz / 150 g cream of wheat
- Boil the fruits.
- After coming to a few boils, remove from heat, let cool, then sift fruits and liquid.
- Boil, adding sugar, vanilla and cream of wheat, adding this last a little at a time, like a rain, stirring continuously until it thickens like a cream.
- Remove from heat and beat until foamy.
- Then pour into a charlotte or pudding mold which was previously moistened with cold water.
- Refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours.
- Before serving, turn onto a plate and garnish with some raw fruit.