Cranberry Muffins I
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 tbsp jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously grease 12 muffin tins.
- Spread one heaping teaspoon of cranberries in each tin.
- Combine oats and milk.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add butter and egg to mixture, beat well.
- Add to dry ingredients, mixing well until moistened.
- Fill tins ⅔ full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool in tins for one minute.
- Invert on rack to finish cooling.