Crab Cocktail with Avocado-Wasabi Mousse
Yield: 3 cups Avocado-wasabi mousse
- 3 cups cooked crab meat
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup thinly sliced chives
- Avocado-wasabi mousse - Recipe follows
- 3 cups salsa fresca
- 24 deep-fried taro chips
- green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths - as needed for garnish
- California avocado, diced - as needed for garnish
- 5 diced California avocados (2½ pounds – 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) hot pepper sauce
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¾ cup cream
- Just before service: purée until smooth avocados, wasabi paste, hot pepper sauce, and salt; reserve.
- Whip cream; fold into reserved avocado mixture.
- Scoop ¼ cup avocado-wasabi mousse into a martini glass.
- Top with ¼ cup salsa fresca.
- Scoop ¼ cup reserved crab mixture on top of salsa.
- Garnish with 2 taro chips, green onion and diced avocado.