Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Marinate the fish in buttermilk for one hour prior to frying for a moist, authentic taste.
- Skin fillets and cut them into serving size portions.
- Combine cornmeal with seasonings.
- Roll fish in cornmeal mixture.
- Place flounder in an iron skillet that has been preheated with about ⅛ inch of oil.
- Brown on one side 2 – 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn and cook on the other side an additional 3 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with tartar sauce and coleslaw.