Cold Creamy Cucumber Soup
- 1 large cucumber or 6 – 8 small local variety)
- 1 cup single cream
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tarragon or grape vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Blend the cucumber in a mixer with all of the other ingredients except the mint.
- Then season with salt and plenty of ground black pepper.
- Keep in refrigerator to chill.
- Pour into bowls ready to serve, and sprinkle each bowl of soup with the chopped mint before serving.
- Weight Watch tip: Minus the cup of cream and use low fat yoghurt to keep the calories minimal.
- Minus the cup of cream and use low fat yoghurt to keep the calories minimal.