Coconut Bread III
- Chip and grate coconuts. Add approximately 2 1/2 cups of warm water. Mix well.
- Squeeze out milk.
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, add 1 tbs. Sugar and 1 tbs. flour, mix well, let rise.
- Then add remaining ingredients and knead until smooth and satiny.
- If dough is a bit stiff, add a little more coconut milk. Set aside in a pan, cover and let rise until double in bulk, about two hours.
- Divide into portioins, depending on the size of the pans for baking, knead and form loaves.
- Place in greased pans to rise again until double in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40–45 minutes. When done take out of pan and cool on rack.