Classic Italian Carpaccio
- 1 center cut beef tenderloin roast
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil for serving
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Shaved Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese
- Basil chiffonade for serving
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap then freeze the meat for up to two hours to help slicing (no more than that or else it'll be mushy).
- Slice thinly and remove plastic wrap.
- Place five slices in a rough circle and put 1 in the center. Lift to a lightly water-spritzed sheet of plastic wrap. Spritz another sheet with water and place on top. Place a pie pan on top and lightly pound with a food can.
- Remove and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Serve with extra-virgin olive oil, lemon wedges, shaved Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese, and basil chiffonade.