Chunky Granola Treat
This recipe can keep for 2 weeks.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup whole almonds, halved
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup packed pitted dates each cut crosswise into thirds
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix oats, almonds, coconut, cashews, sugar allspice and cinnamon in a large bowl to make granola mixture.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with honey over low heat.
- Add in granola mixture and toss well.
- Spread out mixture on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir every 4 or 5 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add in dates and separate any clumps that may have formed.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until granola is golden brown.
- Let it cool.