- Break up cookie and crush into fine crumbs in food processor fit with a stainless steel blade (about 2 cups crumbs).
- Add ½ cup of the sugar, the walnuts and 1½ tbsp of the coffee powder.
- Process thoroughly.
- Add corn syrup and gradually mix in brandy, liqueur, or rum to form a thick paste.
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- In small bowl mix the remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar and the remaining ½ tbsp coffee powder.
- Roll balls in sugar mixture to coat.
- Cookies may be stored in loosely packed between sheets of wax paper of aluminum foil in airtight container for up two weeks.