Choy Sum Macau
- 1 bunch choy sum, washed and trimmed
- ½ cup dried shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 tbsp shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp hot chile and garlic sauce (sriracha brand recommended)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup water chestnuts drained
- 5 oz veggie broth
- 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- In a wok or wide frying pan over medium heat add broth, mushrooms, red bell pepper and shallots; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, chiles and water chestnuts; cook one more minute.
- Add choy sum; simmer for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, toss with vegetables; continue to stir cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Serve immediately with brown rice or whole wheat noodles.