Cholesterol-free Carrot Cake
Makes 16 servings
- 3 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 8 oz container frozen egg substitute, thawed
- ¾ cup salad oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 c lightly packed shredded carrots (about 4 large)
- 16 oz can crushed pineapple in its own juice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10 cup fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk or fork, beat brown sugar, egg substitute, salad oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir egg-substitute mixture, shredded carrots, pineapple with its own juice and walnuts into flour mixture just until flour is moistened.
- Pour batter into tube pan bake 60 to 65 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
- To serve, sprinkle top of cake with confectioners' sugar for garnish.