Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Yield: 8 -10 servings.
- makes about 1¼ cup strawberry sauce.
- makes about 1 cup chocolate fudge sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch.
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Fill 8-inch spring-form pan with ice creams, alternating flavors to create a marbled effect.
- Swirl in strawberry sauce.
- Smooth surface; freeze until firm.
- Frost with chocolate sauce.
- Return to freezer until sauce is firm.
- To serve, remove from pan for about 15 minutes before serving and slice.
- Slightly thaw frozen strawberries, pour into saucepan.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir into strawberries.
- Bring to boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Chill.