Chocolate Kahlúa Cheesecake
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In medium bowl, combine wafers and butter, reserving 1 tablespoon of the crumbs for garnish.
- Press remaining crumbs in bottom and 2 inches up sides of an ungreased 10-inch spring-form pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar; beat until smooth.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate; beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients, and beat until smooth.
- Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 55 to 65 minutes or until edges are set.
- Center of cheesecake will be soft (to minimize cracking, place a shallow pan with about ¾ inch of hot water on the lower oven rack while baking).
- Allow cheesecake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the sides of the pan.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely.
- Garnish with the reserved crumbs (provided you can keep your spouse from eating them), and refrigerate (at least 2 – 3 hours, preferably overnight).
- Keeps well in refrigerator for 3 days, probably longer.