Chocolate Cheese Cake
Chocolate cheesecake , decadent in both chocolate and cheese.
- 5 Tbs butter, melted
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, or the equivalent in chocolate cookies or chocolate Graham crackers
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 5 large eggs
- 4 ounces (4 squares) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces (6 squares) semisweet chocolate, melted
- ½ cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Crush whole cookies, crackers, or wafers by placing them in a sturdy plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin, or use a food processor. Combine chocolate crumbs and melted butter. Press crumb mixture into bottom and sides of 9-inch springform/baking pie pan. Beat together sugar and eggs at medium speed, slowly add cream cheese. You are finished when the consistency is smooth and fluffy. Using a double boiler melt 4 ounces of chocolate. Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture, blending it well. Scoop the mixture into the crust, spread it evenly. Bake cheesecake for ~40-45 minutes, until the center looks set. Let this cool completely. Chill for an hour.
Melt remaining chocolate, again mix with sour cream, then spread over the chocolate cheese cake, chill to set the icing.
- Taste of Home. Taste of Home. 2001. pp. 31. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Chocolate-Cheesecake.