Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⅓ cups canned crushed tomatoes, with purée
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté chicken 3 – 4 minutes, turning frequently, until browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and sauté mushrooms and garlic in same skillet 3 – 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Return chicken to skillet. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered 5 – 6 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Stir in lemon juice before serving.