Chef Kurt Linsi's Queen of Sheba Salad
Chef Linsi serves this salad when he prepares an Ethiopian dinner, as he feels that a salad is lacking in the Ethiopian presentation. It's pretty hot too, so be careful with the hot pepper sauce and hot chilies.
- 1½ lbs firm tomatoes, cut in tiny wedges with seeds removed
- ½ cup sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 hot chili pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup pepperoni, thinly sliced (optional).
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup sweet white wine (Muscatel or Madeira)
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- few drops Tabasco sauce.
- In a 1-quart bowl, combine the first five (5) ingredients
- Combine all the sauce ingredients