Cheddar Chili Cheesecake
A savory cheesecake.
- 1½ tbsp butter (for pan)
- ¼ cup fine breadcrumbs, toasted
- ¼ cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 6 oz thinly sliced ham
- 1½ lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ lb sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¾ cup chopped green onion
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter a 9" springform pan.
- Mix breadcrumbs and ¼ cup cheddar.
- Sprinkle mixture into pan, turning to coat.
- Dice about half of ham; reserve remaining slices.
- Mix diced ham with remaining ingredients in blender or processor until smooth.
- Pour slightly more than half of filling into prepared pan.
- Top with reserved ham slices in even layer.
- Cover with remaining filling.
- Set pan on baking sheet.
- Bake 1¼ hours.
- Turn oven off and cool cheesecake about 1 hour with door ajar.
- Transfer cheesecake to rack.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.