Cavatelli Gnocchi with Broccoli and Raisins
A typical Sicilian pasta recipe of "Cavatieddi cu i vruocculi"
- 500 g fresh cavatelli (gnocchi or pasta)
- 500 g broccoli
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 6 tbsp young ragusano cheese (if not available use provolone cheese)
- 6 tbsp matured ragusano cheese (if not available use Parmesan cheese)
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Clean the broccoli and steam or blanch in abundant water with a pinch of bicarbonate of soda to keep their bright colour.
- Soak the raisins in tepid water and prepare shavings of both young and mature cheese.
- Saute’ the broccoli with extra virgin olive oil, drain the raisins and add them to the pan, mix in the gnocchi (cooked al dente in the broccoli cooking water) and add the two kinds of cheese shavings.
- Taste and, if necessary, add salt.
- Finish off with a pinch of freshly ground pepper and toasted pine-nuts before serving.