Caribbean Christmas Ring
- Thoroughly grease a 10 to 12 cup microwave-safe bundt pan with shortening; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the chopped walnuts to coat evenly.
- Sift flours, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream butter and Sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir sour cream or yorurt, banana and liqueur into egg mixture.
- Fold flour mixture into banana-egg batter; stir in remaining walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared pan and place on top microwave-proof bowl in microwave, bringing cake up to center of oven.
- Cook on medium 10 minutes, then high 5 to 7 minutes until cake tastes done, turning twice.
- Let cake stand 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto serving plate. let cool.
- Mix sifted powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth.
- Pour glaze evenly over cake and serve.