This Shrimp with coconut milk is usually served over rice.
- If necessary, clean and shell the shrimp.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, and quickly cook the shrimp until they are a rich golden pink.
- Remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- In the same butter, sauté the garlic, onion, parsley and chilies for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, cumin and tomatoes and cook until the mixture thickens slightly, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Reduce heat to low, return shrimp to the pan and add the coconut milk.
- Stir until shrimp is heated through.