California Avocado Green Onion Party Dip
The following recipe meets the "5 A Day for Better Health" program criteria. This means that this recipe does not exceed the following: 30% of calories from fat; 10% of calories from saturated fat; 100 mg cholesterol and 360 mg sodium per serving.
- 1 medium genuine California avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup non-fat mayonnaise
- ¾ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded (about ½ medium carrot)
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 28 Melba toast rounds
- Dice avocado into small pieces, toss with lemon juice and set aside.
- In food processor or blender, blend cottage cheese, yogurt and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add cottage cheese mixture to avocado, gently stirring in onions and carrots.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve with vegetable crudité and Melba toast rounds, allowing ½ cup vegetables, 4 Melba toast rounds and 8 tbsp dip per serving.