Cajun Pork Chops
This is a family favorite we make over and over again. Although it's extremely flavorful, it is quite lean.
- 6 lean pork chops
- Cajun seasoning
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 package beef gravy, prepared per directions (or 1 – 1½ cups home made or bottled brown gravy)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chops liberally with cajun seasoning.
- Spray pan with vegetable oil, or use a small amount of oil.
- Brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, pepper, celery and garlic to the pan and saute until tender.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan with the vegetables, add the brown gravy.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.