- 8 oz bulgur wheat
- ½ pint boiling water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red pepper, grilled, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch of plump spring onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 115 g / 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- lime wedges, to serve
- oil-cured black olives, optional
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl, add the boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork, until the water has been absorbed.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Pour oil mixture over the bulgur wheat, add the herbs and mix well.
- Then mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill until required.
- Serve garnished with lime wedges.