Black Walnut Chocolate Drop Cookies
Source: Elaine Radis
- 1¾ cups flour sifted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup black walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 1¼ cups brown sugar, sifted, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp light cream
- 1¼ cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Mix and sift flour, baking soda, powder and salt; add nuts and mix.
- cream butter and add sugar gradually and cream until fluffy.
- Add well-beaten egg and chocolate.
- Add extract to milk.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to creamed mixture, mixing just enough after each addition to combine ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- When cool spread with chocolate frosting.
- Combine chocolate, slightly beaten egg yolk, and cream; add sugar and mix well.