Bhapa Ilish Patey
- Ethnicity - Bengali, East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- Cut the hilsa fish into darnes and wash well in cold water.
- Apply turmeric and salt on the fish and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Blend together freshly ground fine mustard paste, green chilli paste, oil, cream and turmeric powder (1 tsp).
- Dip the pieces of marinated fish in this masala and put in the steaming casserole of the pressure cooker.
- Pour four cups of water in the cooker and bring to a boil. Adjust the steamer casserole and steam under simmering temperature for 8 minutes. Take off the fire and release the steam.
- Serve hot with boiled rice garnished with slit green chillies.