Beans and Wieners under Cornbread
This recipe came from The Printey Estate sale. It was obtained it as part of the Family Collection from The Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 24 ounces all-beef wieners
- 64 ounces vegetarian beans
- ¼ cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 scallions, including part of the green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⅓ cups yellow cornmeal
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Brown wieners in skillet then cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix beans, catsup, mustard, sugar, molasses and pepper sauce in rectangular baking dish
- Stir in wieners.
- Meanwhile sauté green onion in oil until soft, then set aside.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Stir in green onion with oil.
- Mix eggs and milk in small bowl.
- Stir into flour mixture until smooth
- Spoon over casserole
- Bake for 30 minutes, then let cool 15 minutes before serving.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group