Basil Cream Chicken
This is the easiest and one of the most impressive Chicken dishes I make. Serve with grated parmesan at the table.
- hot cooked and drained fettuccine
- 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup minced onions
- 3/4 lb fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Chicken bouillon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute Chicken, onions, and Mushrooms in oil for 4 minutes.
- In lg saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Add chicken broth, boullion and cream.
- Stir in basil and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Combine with the Chicken mixture.
- Serve over fettuccini.