Barbados Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, wait until the potatoes are cool enough to handle, and then slice into ½-inch-thick rounds.
- Coat a 9 by 13-inch ovenproof baking pan (preferably glass) with the vegetable oil.
- Layer the potato slices in the pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over the potatoes.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake until barely tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake the potatoes for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown.