Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 (2½ to 3 pound) chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 (2.4-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can whole mushrooms, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, arrange chicken; tuck bay leaves around chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, onion soup mix and oregano.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven, basting occasionally, for 40 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and bake an additional 20 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender.