The Scotch bonnet pepper is a favorite in the Caribbean. It is a very, very hot chile so be careful with it. If you can't find one try a Habanero chile instead.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, lime juice, ginger and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Place striped bass in a resealable bag and pour mixture over top.
- Turn to coat and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove fish from marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper and place over a medium hot fire for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until done.
- Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce.