Baby Limas with Italian Sausage
Purchased from a garage sale in 1984. This one is tried and true. It was from an old newspaper, but the recipe was cut out without the newspaper name, date or information included so I have no idea where it came from. I make this recipe at least once a month, goes great with chicken dishes.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- ½-pound Italian bulk sausage crumbled
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound baby lima beans
- ½-teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 fresh hot red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Place the sausage and onion in a heavy saucepan and sauté until light brown.
- Add the water and bring to boil.
- Add beans, cumin seed, and hot pepper and bring back to the boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.