Avocado Scallop Ceviche
- 4 pounds sea scallops, cleaned
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup clam juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- hot pepper sauce - to taste
- salt - to taste
- 4 pounds California avocados, diced
- cilantro sprigs - as needed for garnish
- Clean and quarter scallops. Cover scallops with lemon juice; marinate until firm and opaque, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix red onion and remaining ingredients, except avocados.
- When scallops are ready, drain, reserving lemon juice. Fold scallops and avocado into ketchup mixture. Stir in some of the reserved lemon juice to taste. Chill to marry flavors.
- Put ⅔ cup ceviche in martini glass or other stemmed glass. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.