Avocado Pear Mousse
This is a quick, easy, light, luscious dessert that is always a hit. Friends are always surprised to find out that the "secret" ingredient is avocado. The California avocado adds a depth of flavor that can not be replicated. This is a great last minute or after work guests dessert. Enjoy!
- 2 very ripe California avocado - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 very ripe pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 pinch cardamon
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Purée for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into individual parfaits.
- Chill for at least one hour.