Avocado Citrus Salad with Curry Dressing
- 2 naval oranges
- 2 ruby red grapefruits
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, torn
- 3 large California avocados, peeled
- ½ medium purple onion, sliced and separated into rings
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup reserved citrus juices
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 drops hot sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Peel and section oranges and grapefruit over a bowl, reserving juices.
- Set aside ⅓ cup juices for curry dressing.
- Cut avocados into thin slices.
- Arrange avocado, onion, orange sections, and grapefruit sections over lettuce; drizzle with curry dressing.
- Serve immediately.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.