- Source: Mr. Food Every Day's a Holiday Diabetic Cookbook
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 halibut fillets (4 oz each)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- ⅓ cup dry sherry
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 1 pkg (6 oz) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 can (15 oz) whole baby corn, drained
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the fillets to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the fillets to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, and ginger; add to the hot skillet.
- Cook over high heat for 2 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly to loosen the particles on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the snow peas and corn, stirring until heated through.
- Return the fish to the skillet, turning to coat with the sauce.
- Serve the fish topped with the vegetables and sauce.
Per Serving (1 fillet):
- 204 Calories, 3g Fat | 37mg Cholesterol | 279mg Sodium | 14g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 10g Sugars | 26g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate | 4 very lean meat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/