Serves 10. Unlike a rice pilaf, this good rice dish is moist rather than dry and fluffy.
- Wash rice, drain and set aside in a colander.
- Combine chopped Onion, garlic and tomatoes in a food processor and process to a smooth purée.
- Add cold chicken stock. Strain.
- Heat the corn oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat and sauté the rice until it starts to turn golden, 5–7 minutes.
- Stir in the onion-tomato-chicken stock mixture.
- Bring to a simmer, cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until almost all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.