Apple City Championship BBQ Ribs
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 8 racks of ribs
- 2½ tbsp black pepper
- 2½ tbsp paprika
- 1¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 1¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp celery salt
- ¾ tsp dry mustard
- 1 cup catsup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¾ tsp medium-sized onion finely grated
- ¼ medium-sized Golden Delicious apple grated
- 2 tsp grated green bell pepper
- Mix together ingredients for dry rub.
- Place on ribs coating both sides.
- Wrap in foil for 8 – 10 hours.
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add onion apple and green peppers simmer, uncovered to the desired thickness.
- To smoke ribs 5½ hours at 180 – 200°F baste with apple juice during cooking.
- Baste with the sauce during the last 15 minutes.