Angel Shrimp Scampi
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 small clove garlic -- minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley stems
- ½ large white onion -- minced
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup bland cooking oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup dry chenin blanc
- 12 large green shrimp -- peeled with tails on
- unflavored breadcrumbs
- melted butter
- Combine first 7 ingredients.
- Marinate shrimp overnight in mixture.
- Remove shrimp from marinade.
- Immediately roll, undrained, in breadcrumbs.
- Place on combination broiling and serving platter.
- Dribble melted butter over shrimp.
- Add marinade to ⅛ inch in bottom of broiler pan.
- Broil slowly on low heat until done.
- Note: use Tabasco sauce in place of pepper; it blends better with other ingredients.
- Use only white bread crumbs, brown crumbs or crusts will brown too fast during cooking.
- Alternative method of preparation: saute shrimp in combination of half butter and half cooking oil.
- When done, remove from skillet.
- Reduce marinade in skillet, pour over shrimp and serve.