Alternative:Ponche de Creme
|Alternative:Ponche de Creme|
Ponche de Creme - This seasonal beverage is usually enjoyed as a cocktail at Christmastime. It is similar to eggnog.
- 6 eggs
- peel of 1 lime
- 3 cans evaporated milk (15 oz. / 400g)
- 1½ cans sweetened condensed milk (14 oz. / 380g), or to taste (14 oz. 380g)
- 2 tsp. aromatic bitters
- ½ tsp. grated nutmeg
- ½ cup (120ml) rum or brandy, or more
- Beat eggs and lime peel until light and fluffy.
- Add evaporated milk.
- Sweeten to taste with condensed milk.
- Add bitters, grated nutmeg and rum according to taste.
- Remove lime peel and serve over crushed ice.
Notes, tips and variations
- Instead of beating the eggs, gently stir them together with the other ingredients over a low heat until the mixture thickens (20-25 minutes).