- 2 pounds ground alligator
- 2 1/2 pounds ground Pork and Pork fat
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/2 stalk celery
- 1 red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup broad-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh sage
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- spicy sauce to taste
- 15 feet casing for stuffing
- Slice the scallions thinly. Roughly chop the Onion, celery, and red pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients with the alligator, Pork, and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Add one cup of ice cold water to the mixture and knead the ingredients using both hands for 10–15 minutes, or until the Pork fat is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Finely dice the garlic. Chop the parsley, sage, and basil.
- To check the seasonings, cook a small quantity in a frying pan, taste, and correct for salt, pepper, and spice as necessary.
- Stuff the Sausage casing and tie off in links of approx. 6 inches long.
- To cook, boil for 3–5 minutes and then grill or bake until golden brown, approx. 10–12 minutes at 350F.