Alcazar Layered Cake
In Romanian: Tort Alcazar
- 6 yolks,
- 6 tablespoons Sugar,
- 8 oz/250 g butter,
- 1/2 cup milk,
- 1/4 cup coffee,
- 1 tablespoon cacao,
- 1/4 cup rum
- Whip the egg whites with the Sugar and vanilla, add the walnuts and mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular baking pan, (previously covered with parchment paper and lightly greased with oil), using a knife to spread it into a uniform layer.
- Bake at medium heat and when ready, invert onto a cutting board, moisten the paper and peel it off the cake.
- Cut lengthwise in two or three equal parts and spread the following cream on each of them.
- Mix the yolks with the Sugar, add the milk, coffee, set on heat and keep stirring until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Do not let boil.
- Remove from heat, mix with cacao and let cool.
- Beat the butter until creamy, add the rum and mix with the boiled mixture; mix well and spread the cream on the sheets.
- Cover the cake with the same cream and garnish with ground walnuts.
- Serve cut in triangular pieces.