Acadian Couch Couch
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Mix thoroughly the cornmeal, salt, baking powder and milk.
- Add to hot oil in hot skillet over high heat and let crust form.
- Give a good stir and lower heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Serve with milk and sugar as a cereal or with cane syrup and crisp bacon==References==
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group