File:Rasheed humble pasta 1.jpg
- 1 lb. italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 med. chopped onion
- 1 can tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 beef boulion cube
- 1 med zucchini, cubed
- 1 med yellow squash, cubed
- 6-12 oz tri-color rotini (for color, it is fall after all)
- 1) Chop the onion, and cube the zucchini and squash. Finely chop most of the onion to add flavor to the sauce, but leave a few large chunks of it to add some texture to the sauce.
- 2) Begin to brown the sausage.
File:Rasheed humble pasta 2.jpg
- 3) When the sausage is half-way browned, add the garlic.
File:Rasheed humble pasta 3.jpg
- 4) Once the sausage has finished browning, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
File:Rasheed humble pasta 4.jpg
- 5) Stir in the tomatoes with the juice. Sometimes a bit more tomato sauce is needed, so if neccesary, add 1/4-1/2 a can of tomato sauce to the sauce. I had to add about 1/4 of a can to this. Add the garlic, oregano and boulion.
File:Rasheed humble pasta 5.jpg
- 6) Stir in the zucchini and squash.
File:Rasheed humble pasta 6.jpg
- 7) Bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5.
File:Rasheed humble pasta 7.jpg