Yellow split pea soup
Revision as of 16:51, 9 May 2012 by RealRecipes (Text replace - "Category:(.*) recipes" to "Category:$1 Recipes")
|Yellow split pea soup|
- 1 pound (½ kilogram) dry yellow split peas
- 2 chicken or beef bouillon cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 6 cups (1½ liters) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak beans according to usual directions.
- Put all ingredients into a 6 or 8 quart stock pot or Dutch oven
- Bring to a boil, then simmer covered until peas are tender, 1-2 hours.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Watch water level and top up with (HOT!) water if necessary.
- Croutons are good on top!