Turkey with Quinces
Revision as of 18:32, 11 July 2012 by RealRecipes (Text replace - "Category:Turkey meat Recipes" to "Category:Turkey recipes")
In Romanian: Curcan cu gutui
- 6 turkey portions (breast, thighs, etc.)
- 4 medium quinces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lard
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Fry the turkey pieces with a tablespoon of lard until yellow.
- Add ½ teaspoon of flour and salt, cover with water and simmer, covered.
- In the meantime, peel the quinces, cut into thick slices, remove seeds, dredge with flour and fry in lard on both sides.
- When the meat is almost done, add 1 teaspoon of caramelized sugar to which a little turkey broth or water was added and 1 teaspoon of regular sugar.
- Place the quinces over the meat, cover the pan and simmer.
- Do not stir, but shake the pan occasionally.
- The sauce must be greatly reduced.