Difference between revisions of "Tarte tatin"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 15:38, 11 October 2012
- 3 pounds tart eating apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 quantity of sweet pie crust
- Make a sweet pie crust dough.
- Chill pie crust for ~30 min.
- Warm oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel and core apples.
- Cut apples into thick slices.
- In a pan over medium heat, combine the apples, sugar and 3/4 of the butter for ~10 min to caramelize the apples.
- Roll out the dough to cover the tart.
- Dot the top with remaining slices of butter.
- Put in oven for ~30 min, achieveing a browning of the pastry top, and the apples bubbling.
- Remove from oven and turn tart upsidedown on a serving plate.
- Serve, optional to include sour cream or crème fraîche.