Sunday Morning Tofu Scramble
I actually usually double this recipe, the leftovers reheat nicely. Of course, you can change the seasonings as you like. How about using peas instead of zucchini and season with curry sometimes I add veggie sausage or seasoned seitan. Use your imagination.
- 8 to 12 ounces firm low-fat tofu
- 1 medium cold baked potato, cubed not peeled
- 1 small onion or several scallions chopped
- several mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini
- ½ cup salsa
- Brown the cubed potato in a dry non-stick skillet add onions, mushrooms and zucchini cook until veggies are done.
- Crumble tofu with a fork, add to the skillet and heat thoroughly season with salsa, add peppers if you like it spicey, I like the pickled jalapeno slices.
- Serve as is or wrap in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito.